Page views

Ananda Marga Forum

All the letters on this blog are directly related with the teachings of Shrii Shrii Anandamurti ji Baba.To communicate with the editors of this forum or receive postings of this blog, email us at: anandamargauniversal@earthlink.net

Baba


Namaskar,


Just a reminder to be sure to subscribe to our two new blogsites:


For latest news click here Ananda Marga Universal


For latest news click here Ananda Marga News Bulletin

Or email us at: anandamargauniversal@earthlink.net


And we will be sure to add you to the list.


In Him,

Moderator



The Bright Future of Sadhakas


Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 21:30:18
To: am-global@earthlink.net
From: "Giridhara "
Subject: The Bright Future of Sadhakas

Baba

PS Intro: This following Prabhat Samgiita is a melancholic song. Here the devotee has deep, deep love for Parama Purusa. And Parama Purusa is in the bhakta's close proximity. Even then due to the bhakta's strong love for Parama Purusa, the devotee wants Parama Purusa to come even more close. And it is in that highly devotional state of deep love and longing, that the devotee begins to sweetly accuse Parama Purusa that 'Why are You not coming close'. When, in truth, Parama Purusa is close but the bhakta wants Him even
more close. 

It is just like one baby sitting very close to its mother, but even then the baby is not satisfied. So the baby cries and cries for the mother. All because the baby wants to be held the baby tightly in its mother's lap. Then and then only will the baby be satisfied. Such is the deep attachment and love that the baby has for its mother. And if the mother is not responding accordingly, then the young child will cry more and accuse the mother that, 'You do not love me the way I love You'. 

Same is the relation between the bhakta and Parama Purusa in this song. So no one should take this song literally and think that Parama Purusa is really far away. Rather He is close and the devotee longs to have Him still more close. This is the way love works in melancholic songs. So this is a deeply devotional song. 

In contrast, those with lower devotion do not care whether Parama Purusa is very close or very far - they think that 'He is where He is and I am fine'. This is the expression of a less devotional mind. 

Whereas those high bhaktas who have a deeply devotional mind think that 'My Parama Purusa is close but I want Him even more close - I want to become one with my Parama Purusa'. This is the strong yearning of such bhaktas who are ensconced in that deeply loving and devotional state.


"Du'r a'ka'sher niiharika', kon du're roye gecho..." (PS 1099)

Purport:

O' Divine Entity, You are the niiharika' [1] of the distant sky. Why are You remaining so far away in such a distant place. O' my Dearmost, please come close. Please remain deep inside my heart. Baba, You are the jewel of my mind - I love You. Although You are keeping Yourself distant, You feel the warmth and love of my heart due to my strong yearning and longing for You. O' Divine Entity, You are the like the niiharika' of the distant sky; even then I love You.

Baba, our loving and intimate closeness is very intimate, intense, and sweet. Our warm, loving relation has been going on since eternity. Alas, forgetting me, to whose abode and to which divine land have You gone and lit the lamp of love. O' my Dearmost, where have You gone and thus forgotten me. 

Baba, by Your grace, I love You so much. All my joys and sorrows are bound up in You. You are my everything; all my days pass thinking of You. Baba, although You are not coming to me, even then with great anticipation I am holding the fragrant reception basket in my hand - I am holding the garland to venerate You. Baba, I am anxiously awaiting Your auspicious arrival. I am awaiting Your divine presence. O' my Dearmost You are remaining in Your distant abode watching everything. Baba, You see all that I am doing yet You are not coming in the depths of my heart. 

O' my dearmost, please grace me by coming close and eternally reside in my heart...


NOTE ABOUT THE ABOVE PRABHAT SAMGIITA:


[1] Niiharika': Literally means nebula which looks like a hazy, white patch in the sky but is really a collection of far distant stars. Here Baba uses this term niiharika' because Parama Purusa is remaining far - not because Parama Purusa is multiple in number. So the niiharika' term signifies the extreme distance which Parama Purusa is keeping from the devotee.


== THE BRIGHT FUTURE OF SADHAKAS ==

Namaskar,
                    
Baba says, "Degradation is impossible for those who have accepted the Supreme Being as the ideal of their life. Indulging in mean thoughts only engenders crude vibrations in the citta, as the result of which you will have to take rebirth in lower species in order to suffer the lowly samskaras created by those crude vibrations." (Subhasita Samgraha - 3, p.63)

In His above guideline Baba is warning us about what happens to those who fail to follow the path of sadhana. Thus sincerely doing twice daily meditation is a must for one and all. Otherwise they will suffer the fate which Baba describes above.

Namaskar,
Giridhara






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here

Policy on Comments

Spam and unparliamentary language not to be used.

folders: Ananda Marga related articles on hundreds of niche issues

Namaskar

To receive postings of this blog, email us at: am-global@earthlink.net

Baba nam kevalam