Page views

Ananda Marga Forum

All the letters on this blog are directly related with the teachings of Shrii Shrii Anandamurti ji Baba.To communicate with the editors of this forum or receive postings of this blog, email us at: anandamargauniversal@earthlink.net

Baba


Namaskar,


Just a reminder to be sure to subscribe to our two new blogsites:


For latest news click here Ananda Marga Universal


For latest news click here Ananda Marga News Bulletin

Or email us at: anandamargauniversal@earthlink.net


And we will be sure to add you to the list.


In Him,

Moderator



Baba Story: Reached Without Shoes


Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 22:54:38 -0400
To: AM-GLOBAL
From: Phanindra
Subject: Baba Story: Reached Without Shoes

Baba

== BABA STORY: REACHED WITHOUT SHOES ==

Namaskar,
In the 1950's, I went to see Baba in Jamalpur for PC. Due to my Hindu religious upbringing, I thought that since I was going to meet my Guru, then I should not wear shoes as that would be disrespectful.

So I left my shoes at my home in Muzaffarpur to show my reverence for Guru, and boarded the train for Jamalpur. I was barefoot the entire journey to Jamalpur - and all the way from the station to the jagrti.

Once I arrived, I waited to get called for PC. No one seemed to notice that I was not wearing shoes.

Soon I was called and entered Baba's room for PC. Immediately I did sastaunga pranam and lay prostrate before Baba. When I completed my salutation and looked at Baba, He asked, "What is your name."

"Vaedyanath."

Then Baba inquired, "Where are your shoes?".

I replied, "Out of reverence, I did not bring them. I left them at my house in Muzaffarpur."

Then Baba replied in my mother tongue of Maethili: "In the future when you come to see Me, then you must wear your shoes."

"Yes, Baba", I responded.

Baba continued, "When you go to your house to see your parents, then do you follow all kinds of rules and regulations or do you just go and see them?"

I said, "I see them, Baba."

Baba said, "Yes, even if your clothes are dirty you will go visit them - you will not wait outside."

Baba continued, "Similarly when you come here to see Me, just come in your regular attire, wearing your shoes."

"Yes, Baba."

The rest of the PC passed in a very blissful way.

Indeed, that was the day Baba told me not to follow dogma. By His grace I also got the teaching that the Guru-disciple relationship is very close - just like a family relation.

Namaskar,
Vaedyanath


ABOUT THE ABOVE STORY

The above story was told by Ac Vaedyanath Jha - a family acarya from Muzaffarpur who was initiated in the 1950's. In that story He is recounting a scene from his PC with Baba.

Here are other key points related with that story.

1. In the various religions, people often dress in a certain way and follow a particular code when visiting their temple, church, synagogue or mosque etc. Jews wear a yamaka and a shawl, Hindus go barefoot, Muslims have their particular dress, and Christians wear their Sunday-best etc. They all have their various rituals and attire.

However, Baba adamantly warns us that when one is just involved in such rituals then they forget Parama Purusa. That is Baba's warning.

Baba says, "To count beads or practice ritualistic worship without directing one’s mind towards the Supreme Entity is of no use. To pretend to be virtuous outside while harbouring sinful thoughts within is absolutely meaningless. Such hypocrisy carries no value." (AMIWL-8, The Macrocosmic Stance and Human Life)

So that is His teaching. The most important point is to be sincere in one's meditation on the Supreme and not get caught up in various dogmatic rituals as happens in the various religions.

2. Here following Baba reminds us that we have a close, family relationship with Him.

Baba says, "He is the Supreme Father. You have a family relation with that Supreme Entity, and not a relationship of external formality. He is yours, and you should also remember that nothing is external for Him. Everything is within, nothing is without. So you have been created by Him and you are in Him, and, because He is your supreme goal, finally you will be with Him, you will be one with Him. For this you require no special education, no knowledge of philosophy, and no other external attributions. Supreme love for the Supreme Universal Entity will make you one with Him." (Subhasita Samgraha-21, Human Life and Its Goal)

Namaskar,
Phanindra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here

Policy on Comments

Spam and unparliamentary language not to be used.

folders: Ananda Marga related articles on hundreds of niche issues

Namaskar

To receive postings of this blog, email us at: am-global@earthlink.net

Baba nam kevalam