Page views

Ananda Marga Forum

All the letters on this blog are directly related with the teachings of Shrii Shrii Anandamurti ji Baba.To communicate with the editors of this forum or receive postings of this blog, email us at: anandamargauniversal@earthlink.net

Baba


Namaskar,


Just a reminder to be sure to subscribe to our two new blogsites:


For latest news click here Ananda Marga Universal


For latest news click here Ananda Marga News Bulletin

Or email us at: anandamargauniversal@earthlink.net


And we will be sure to add you to the list.


In Him,

Moderator



Loving Communication of Bhakta & Parama Purusa #1


Date: 04 Dec 2011 10:04:58 -0000
From: "Vara'bhaya Deva"
To: am-global@earthlink.net
Subject: Loving Communication of Bhakta & Parama Purusa #1

Baba

Prabhat Samgiita #929:


Mane eso, mane baso, manke niye liila' koro na'
Bha'lo ba'si toma'ya a'mi, bhayera ma'jhe t'hele dio na'

Toma'ra ha'si nayane ha'se, toma'ra giiti smrtite bha'se
A'ro ra'ge anura'ge bhola'o sakal yantran'a'

Ha'ra'no bandhu ye tumi, a'ndha'ra ra'tera a'lo tumi
A'ro sure vishva jur'e, ja'ga'o nava mu'rcchna'

Purport:

O' Lord, please come in my mind and remain there; please do not play Your liila' with my heart [1]. O' my Lord I love You, please do not push me away by immersing me in fear [2].

O' Lord, Your smile flashes in my eyes [3], Your song floats in my memory [4]. O' Parama Purusa, make me forget all my agony with more love and affection. [5]

Baba, You are my long, lost Beloved Lord [6]. You are the effulgence of my dark night [7]. With more and more tunes, please create new mu'rccahna' [8] for the universe.

O' Lord, O Baba, I love You. Please come in my mind and remain forever...


NOTES FOR PRABHAT SAMGIITA #929:

[1] Please, do not play Your liila with my heart (manke niye liila' koro na'): The devotee wants the closest proximity and most intimate relation with his Lord. So when Parama Purusa is not coming very close, the devotee suffers melancholic pain - the pain of not getting Him in a more intimate manner. The bhakta then requests Parama Purusa, "Please do not play that heart-wrenching game with me."

[2] Please do not push me away by immersing me in fear (bhayera ma'jhe t'hele dio na'): Here the devotee is leveling a loving accusation: "O Parama Purusa, You always promise me that You will come at the appointed time, but You never keep Your word; You do not come. So when this time also You have promised to come, I feel that You are not going not keep Your word. That is the fear I have: That You are not going to honor Your promise of coming close. That will only bring me more pain and agony.

[3] O' Lord, Your smile flashes in my eyes (toma'ra ha'si nayane ha'se): Here the devotee is completely taken by Baba's exquisite charm: Baba, You are so beautiful; Your each and every gesture and posture is so very attractive.

[4] Your song floats in my memory (toma'ra giiti smrtite bha'se): This line conveys the bhakta's feeling that, "Baba, Your divine compositions, Your Prabhat Samgiita, are nothing but the sweet and loving communication between You and me. Your songs express our thoughts and reflect all my feelings. That is why I always think about them always.

[5] Make me forget all my agony with more love and affection (a'ro ra'ge anura'ge bhola'o sakal yantran'a'): Here sadhaka expresses their inner feeling: "My agony is that You, Parama Purusa, are not going to keep Your promise; that is my fear. You promised that You are going to come close and that we will spend intimate time together, but You are not coming as close as I desire. You do not come close and You do not grace me so I fear that Your words are empty. I cannot trust what You say. Now I request You to love me so much that I can feel in my heart that You are mine and that You are always going to keep Your word - always. I want to be able to trust You. And that will happen when You fulfill Your promise of coming close. Then my pain and fear will be gone. But this will only happen when You grace me and love me more and more."

Note: When a sadhaka falls in love with Parama Purusa, their devotion increases and all their fear disappears. It is similar to when one gets intoxicated by any crude drug like alcohol, then all their fear vanishes, temporarily. Divine intoxication is far more powerful. Those doing proper sadhana develop deep love for Parama Purusa, by His grace. Only they can fearlessly fight exploitation and injustice in society. They are never cowardly. Those sadhakas with this feeling of fearlessness can easily understand. This is the state of mind that comes when the bhakta's above request in note #5 is fulfilled, "Baba, please grace me and love me more and more."

[6] Baba, You are my Beloved Lord, whom I lost (Ha'ra'no bandhu ye tumi): The meaning of the line is that, "O Baba, You are that Beloved Lord whom I love so much yet from whom I do not get any response." When a devotee's desire for closeness and intimacy with Parama Purusa is not fulfilled, then this type of feeling comes. Then the bhakta feels that, "I have lost Him."

[7] You are the effulgence of my dark night (a'ndha'ra ra'tera a'lo tumi): When a person is feeling happy and everything in life is going well, then all their worldly relations and friends come and share in that happiness. But when a person is in trouble and in a state of despair, then others do not or cannot come close and help. Only Parama Purusa comes and showers His love. That is why it is said that on a dark night (i.e. in difficult times) only Parama Purusa is the shelter - only He helps. That is the metaphor expressed in this line.

[8] Mu'rcchana': This refers to spiritually and devotionally vibrated music that inspires everybody along the path of Supreme Benevolence. Such music touches the inner core of everyone's heart. Only sweet, devotional music works in this way.

Here the sadhaka is requesting Parama Purusa to transform the flow in society from matter-centered pleasure to God-centered bliss. For this to occur, a new tune - a new way of living - is needed. That new mu'rcchana will inspire people to seek bliss through spirituality; it will break the rut of materialism that is rampant today. "O' Lord, create a new flow that inspires everyone to seek bliss in the devotional sphere." That is the message of this last stanza
.


Namaskar,
Vara'bhaya Deva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here

Policy on Comments

Spam and unparliamentary language not to be used.

folders: Ananda Marga related articles on hundreds of niche issues

Namaskar

To receive postings of this blog, email us at: am-global@earthlink.net

Baba nam kevalam